Sunday, January 3, 2010

Project 365 and Christmas Photos

Already off to a bad start. Story of my life lol.

So...I've started this thing called Project 365. I'm sure that either you're familiar with it or can figure out the concept. It has different variations...Project 365, Project 52, Project 12 (which I was never familiar with until today). Basically...you take a photo every day. Then you either scrapbook a layout every day, every week, or every month for an entire year, and that layout is supposed to sum up your day, week, or month. I'm already off to a good start...I have all 3 of my photos taken for each of the 3 days of January. I've decided to do the "layout a week" option (it's much more manageable), but I've already got a layout started and 2 photos put onto it and saved as a layered document so I can add to it later. It should be pretty easy to continue this all year long. I've really enjoyed playing photographer each day and trying to get the best shot I can to sum up our entire day.

These are the photos I've gotten so far, and a little description of our days.




January 1st, 2010 - Heath was at work, and Isaac had pretty much occupied himself with some cartoons, so I decided to sit down and get a little work done on my designing. Isaac had other plans - he was loud, obnoxious, wouldn't sit down, wouldn't stay in one spot, and when he wouldn't get his way he started to cry. Basically, a typical day lol. Finally he calmed down and I got quite a bit accomplished. That night we went to eat at the Golden Pancake House, a rare treat for us.



January 2, 2010 - Heath got up early to go to the store and brought us back donuts and coffee. Isaac enjoyed them and ate way too many. Heath played games for a while, Isaac went to play and I took the opportunity to try to finish some more work. I didn't get much done, though. Later that afternoon Heath went to see Avatar with Jarrod. Other than that, we all stayed home.



January 3, 2010 - It was a really lazy Sunday for all of us. Heath and I woke up, went about our normal business for a while. Then we got up and cleaned up the house. After that, we popped in a movie for Isaac while I attempted to get some more designing time in. He's sitting down right now watching Disney's "Up"... he's enjoying it so far, let's hope it stays that way lol. About an hour ago I took the opportunity to get some pictures for the day while he reigned total chaos on the inflatable chair that Grandma gave him for Christmas, using a plastic sword from our trip to the Kansas Cosmosphere. This is only one photo and contains much less action than the rest, but you'll see them in a layout soon. I may work on them tonight. Total chaos, I'm telling you.

Back to work for Heath tomorrow, which means I'll have to figure out something interesting to take a picture of tomorrow. I'll try to update daily with my photos and keep weekly updates of my P365 weekly layouts.

Now onto Christmas photos. And BOY, do we have a ton. All photos are unedited, some are pretty dark. Isaac is in his underwear in some, lol. It's hard to keep the boy in a good pair of clean clothes, with a clean face. Take my Day 3 photo above - chocolate face in only his underwear.

There were just so many photos I knew I couldn't post them all here, so I made up a slideshow of them.



Hope that works!

In the next few days, you'll probably be seeing some layouts from me. I'm about ready to take a couple days break from designing for a while, starting to get a little burnt out. I think I'm going to start now. Enjoy the pictures and I'll try to come back tomorrow with Day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment