Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5



Day 5 in Project 365. I'm going good and going strong, and love every bit of it, except having to remember to upload the photo and edit it before bed. It's really eating into my designing/scrapping time lol.

Not much to blog about today. Isaac and I cleaned today - well, I cleaned and he made more messes for me to clean up again. I worked way too hard, and the sad part is that I'm not done! It started out with me just putting away the Christmas decorations. That's all I was going to do, plus a little bit of tidying. So I got the decorations all taken down, including the tree which I had done yesterday, and put away in boxes and put out on the porch. I would have put them away, but this summer (when it's warmer out there) we really need to get that organized. Anyway, then I realized that I needed to move my wicker bookshelf that holds all my scrapbooks and magazines. It was totally in the way and covering up our thermostat. So since my scrapbooks are really heavy, I had to remove all those, then move the bookshelf. So I did all that, and I thought since I had it all empty that I might as well organize it...well, before I even got there, I realized I didn't like it where I had put it, so I put it somewhere else. That required me to move the other bookshelf...and repeat the removing of the books. So, you guessed it, why not organize that too? So I organized that bookshelf first - packed away some books we hadn't touched in years and made room for more books - Isaac just loves reading books. I got that all organized, and tidied up around that area until I was satisfied, then moved on to the wicker bookshelf again. I organized all the scrapbooks and got rid of some that were empty and falling apart. It looks so much better!

That left me a big empty space near my computer desk, so while I was at it, I reorganized that! (By now, I'm thinking to myself, when will my energy run out?) I took an old end table we hadn't used in a while and put my scanner on it, which left TONS more room on my computer desk. I finally feel like I'm not being enclosed in when I'm at my desk! After that, I realized I had basically organized everything in the living room, but I still had a mess. So I cleaned that up. I took down our curtains, Sassy broke yet another plain curtain rod the other day so I took those down until we could go get another rod tonight. We got a much more stable rod this time...hopefully she keeps her grubby little claws out of the curtains and stops climbing them!

Then I realized I had printed pictures out on the front porch in a box from my paper scrapping days that were sitting out in the cold. Since our front porch isn't well insulated, it gets really cold out there in the winter and steaming hot in the summer. I didn't want them to get ruined so I brought them in, and organized them into empty photo albums. I started all of this organizing stuff at 11AM and finally finished around 4:30PM when Heath got home. He was so happy with the way things looked, our living room looks much nicer now. It wasn't until tonight that I realized, I'm already off to a good start on some of my New Year's resolutions - keep the house cleaner (I'd say today counts for something - just don't look in my bedroom! lol), and get on the Wii Fit at least twice a week (got on it for twenty minutes tonight, just for a little warm-up...I'll start back on my yoga and running tomorrow). Considering that I didn't decide until the 31st to do all this, go me!

I made up a layout using one of Tiffany's and my good friend Jaya's new kits Midnight Resolutions to remind me of all these resolutions that I need to stick to. You can find it here, if you're interested. Hopefully it will keep me motivated, because I seem to be off to a good start.

Tomorrow morning - back to the Wii Fit for some good exercise and I have to get into my bedroom, Isaac's room and the bathroom and really get cracking. Maybe I can make some headway in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment