Sunday, April 4, 2010

Finishing up Wk 13, and some Wk 14!

I can already tell you I'll be at this a while so I'm just gonna get right into it...



March 31 - So we actually colored eggs the night I last posted but I needed a photo for the 31st lol. Isaac had a blast and did so well coloring the eggs. We actually dyed them for him to keep the mess to a minimum, but he did about half the decorating - I let him go crazy but he got bored and left about 10 eggs undecorated so I finished them for him.



April 1 - It's been so nice lately that we couldn't resist taking Isaac outside to play with his bubbles that he loves oh so much.



April 2 - It was really nice and hot outside this day but we had a package of chili that we still hadn't made so I decided to make it. It was delicious!



April 3 - He's at it again. This time he thought he had to play drums and his dad thought he had to help him. After he showed him how to keep beat and what notes to beat on, he had it down to a science!



April 4, Easter - You have no idea how proud I am of this photo right here. I've been reading up on a blog called Pioneer Woman about photography and the basics of it. I have a better understanding than I did a few days ago, although some of it is still fuzzy. But can you tell what a difference it has made? Isaac made out like a bandit today - at least 4 baskets, 1 and a half full of nothing but candy, at least 7 new DVDs (I didn't count), several shirts (a couple with shorts), a few new toys and he even managed to convince Josh to give him his old GameBoy Advance and all the games for it. We spent the day over at my aunt's house, stuffed ourselves full of ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, green beans, and rolls. I have no less than over 400 pictures to show for the whole thing. We had an Easter egg hunt, opened Isaac's baskets, played outside in the beautiful weather with bubbles, Isaac went over to one of my old friends (I'm talking elementary school) houses to play on his son's swingset...yeah, I'd say he had a good day. Too bad Heath only got to be there for about 2 hours of it...but at least he got to see Isaac hunt eggs and he got a good lunch!

Like I said, I have no less than over 400 photos from Easter to share. Rather than posting them here, I'm uploading them to Webshots so you can take a look at them. I haven't started yet - I've been writing photos to CDs for my aunt and mother but I'm 3 minutes from being done with this one and I've only got 2 more with a lot less photos on them. Regardless, because I shot most of them in RAW and the file sizes are large, it's going to take me a while. But I'm going to start soon. I'm only going to upload the best ones, to save time and space on my Webshots. I'll come back and put up a link when they're done.

Heath and I are both talking about applying for Pell Grants (we both qualify, at least) and taking some college classes to get our degrees. I'm going tomorrow or Tuesday to talk to some advisors at the community college about what options are available for me as far as Photography related degrees. Chances are, there's nothing especially for photographers. My other option is Graphic Design, which is only my second choice. It includes 1 Photography class, but I just don't know that I want to pursue that at this time. If I do decide to go the Graphic Design route, I can either do a one-year certificate or a 2-year for my associate's degree (that sounds nice, having an associate's degree!)...I just have to find out the specifics as far as options, class, the grant, daycare, how it's going to be affected by Heath working and having the car all the time...when I figure out more, hopefully I'll have an update!

Okay I'm off to start on those photos on Webshots and to finish these CDs for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment